Passage to Pusan in the Media
There has been extensive media coverage of Passage to Pusan with stories being published around Australia and Korea.
Here’s a sample of some of the many stories, book extracts, reviews, broadcasts and podcasts.
- Edited extract about the unique relationship between bereaved Australian mother Thelma Healy and Korean War widow Mrs Kim Chung Kun. Published in The Sydney Morning Herald and The Melbourne Age: Two mothers united across 15,000km from Korea to Australia
- Edited extract about the relationship between Carmel Healy and the Ether Man serial rapist. Published in The Courier Mail and Melbourne Herald Sun: Rapist Philip Lamont unleashes a reign of terror on Brisbane women
- Anzac Day-angled stories in the media
- Passage to Pusan in the Korean media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udjqUTXBRpg YTN News 24-hour news and current affairs channel
- Other media stories and reviews in Australian media
Listen to ABC Brisbane Breakfast Radio’s broadcast of the Brisbane launch of Passage to Pusan by Spencer Howson
Picture: ABC Radio’s David McGovern speaks with author Louise Evans at the launch of her book `Passage To Pusan’.
Now, a true story about a Brisbane family and the way their lives were entwined with the history of the 20th century and a mother’s desire to visit Korea, where her eldest son died during the Korean War.
612 Community Correspondent David McGovern headed along to the Brothers Rugby Club at Albion for the launch of journalist Louise Evans’s book about her own family.
It’s called Passage To Pusan and Major General Paul McLachlan gave the introduction:
- The Sydney Institute Address and Podcast: ENDURING LEGACIES – The Korean & Vietnam Wars by Louise Evans